Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Altered Tee

For some reason I thought it would be a good idea to buy a maternity top without trying it on because it was on clearance and didn't look hideously misshapen.

After trying it on it looked and felt a little sloppy so I decided to alter it using my Tiny Serger. It was my first actual project using the serger, which I deemed useful once I successfully tied on new thread and not have to thread it by hand (Terrifying diagrams! Tweezers! Three different spools of thread!). Other than the sun going down in the middle of the experiment, resulting in a weird "after" picture, I think it went pretty well. It definitely feels more like my other shirts except for still being a little long. So call it a tunic and the project is a success!


Before

After

No comments: